Why host students?
An eye-opening experience with financial benefits
Hosting junior or adult students is an experience that can be greatly enjoyable for a family or individual, adding a new dynamic within the home. St Brelade’s College students come from around the world with the majority coming from France, Germany, Spain, Italy & Switzerland. This offers inspiring insights into interesting cultures and new perspectives from their international guests.
On average students stay for a week or two so you can fit hosting in when most convenient for you.
Benefits of hosting with St Brelade’s College
- Meet new people – Meet students from different cultures and make life-long friends from different parts of the world.
- Cultures & customs – Gain real insights into different cultures, customs & languages, as well as supporting cross-cultural diversity in your home.
- Utilise spare rooms and earn an extra income – Utilise spare rooms, whether just for a few weeks in the summer or more long term. You can earn £980 from two juniors sharing a room in July for 14 nights and providing you have enough space, you can host up to 4 children per household. *Hosting income is tax-free up to £10,000 p.a.
- Manage work and hosting – By providing a full daily schedule of lessons and activities, as well as many evening and weekend options, we minimise the impact on households which can suit those who are working during office hours. We also provide daily transport to and from school.
- Out of summer hosting – There is a possibility of hosting students at other times of year (depending on your location). We have school groups who come over for 4 or 5 nights at a time, out of summer.
- Support – We are accredited by the British Council therefore we have clear guidelines and provide 24 hour support to our hosts. As a host, you’ll also have access to our hosting portal which provides detailed information on hosting with us.
- Facebook community – Once you have been accepted as a host, you can join other St Brelade’s College hosts on our Jersey Homestay facebook page. Our community of hosts share ideas on hosting, arrange lift shares and discuss hosting topics.