Fill in the gaps
Choose the most suitable words to complete the sentences
Practise English grammar and learn vocabulary with these fill in the gap games.
Choose from the following words to complete the summer-themed sentences below.
temperatures destination solstice seasons village
1. Summer is one of the four …..
2. Summer begins on the day of the summer ….. and ends on the day of the autumn equinox.
3. The hottest day on record in the UK was recorded in 2003 when ….. soared to 38.1C.
4. The ….. located furthest from the sea in the UK is Coton in the Elms in Derbyshire which is 113km away from the coast.
5. The most popular holiday ….. for British tourists is Spain.
New Year celebrations
Choose from the following words to complete the sentences below.
resolutions fireworks poem symbol Day
1. New Year’s ….. is a bank holiday in the UK.
2. Big Ben is a well known ….. of New Year’s Eve and many people gather near the clock tower to see in the new year.
3. At New Year, people often sing ‘Auld Lang Syne’, originally a ….. written by Scottish poet Robert Burns.
4. At the start of the new year people often make …..
5. People often celebrate the new year by setting off …..